Market Place, Closed 1983

No 2 on 1757 Map
Norfolk Pubs

The Eagle, left

Picture by kind permission of www.whatsthatpicture.com

Eagle, right

Kelly's 1883 entry - Claxton, George Arthur, Eagle, Market place

The Eagle - on left - 1960s

Eagle Building 2004

When the Eagle closed the building was renovated and extended and converted into offices and retail units.(See 1985 aerial view). This 2004 image shows part of the former Eagle being used as bar and resturant called A Castata. Popular with the Portugese community.

Steward and Patteson

A Steward & Patteson pub from the '30s it eventually came under the umbrella of Watneys/Norwich Brewery.